At the recently concluded World Bioenergy Association (WBA) Annual Meetings held in India, the General Assembly (GA) approved the list of candidates to serve on the WBA board 2022.
The board comprises experts with decades of experience in the bioenergy sector with expertise in liquid fuels, biogas, solid biomass including pellets. They come from 19 countries from all 5 continents and are affiliated to universities, research institutes, companies, and associations and have backgrounds in technology, policy, finance, and research. Christian Rakos, CEO Propellets Austria, continues in his role as the Chairman of the Board and President of World Bioenergy Association.
The WBA secretariat looks forward to working closely with the board members as we look forward to crucial times ahead for the sector.
Below is the complete list of WBA Board 2022, accessible here: WBA Board
- Alarik Sandrup, Director Public and Regulatory Affairs, Lantmännen (Sweden)
- Ben Moxham, Managing Partner, Camberwell Energy (United Kingdom)
- Christian Rakos, CEO, Propellets Austria (Austria)
- Georgiy Geletukha, Head of Board, Bioenergy Association of Ukraine (Ukraine)
- Glaucia Souza, Professor, University of Sao Paulo (Brazil)
- Guangqing Liu, Chairman, Chinese Rural Energy Industry Association (China)
- Hazir Farouk, Associate Professor, Sudan University of Science and Technology (Sudan)
- Hong Hao, Chairman, Great Resources Company Ltd. (China)
- Ketaki Kokil, Director, Ecosense Appliances Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- Larissa Rose, Director, GG Enviro (Australia)
- Mika Ohbayashi, Director, Renewable Energy Institute (Japan)
- Oscar Espinosa Mijares, CEO, Pellets Mexico Bioenergia (Mexico)
- Pharoah Le Feuvre, Market and Strategy Analyst, Enagas (Spain)
- Remigijus Lapinskas, Member of the Board, Lithuania Biomass Energy Association (Lithuania)
- Rodrigo O’Ryan, President, Chilean Biomass Association (Chile)
- Saku Rantanen, Managing Director Bioenergy, BECIS (Thailand)
- Seth Ginter, Executive Director, US Industrial Pellets Association (USA)
- Werner Sitzmann, Head of Technology, Amandus Kahl (Germany)
- Zoltan Szabo, Sustainability Consultant, Ethanol Europe (Hungary)
- Zygmunt Gzyra, Chairman of the Board, Polish Chamber of Biofuels (Poland)